Applied Statistics - Advanced Training CoursePrint
In this course, you will learn to inspect and approve a machine, a plant or a process as well as measuring equipment with the help of capability indices (e.g. Cm, Cmk, Pp, Ppk, Cp, Cpk, Cg und Cgk). Furthermore, you will be able to calculate and introduce quality control charts, and assess and monitor processes in standard situations with Q charts. You will acquire the basic principle of the main statistical tests with simple practical examples and gain an overview of different testing procedures. A focus of the training course will be how to select the adequate statistical method for a practical task and then to solve the task with the provided simple EXCEL spreadsheets. Mathematicalstatistical principles are only employed as necessary and are explained in context.
We will demonstrate how processes can be geared to effectiveness and efficiency. This course gives you the competence to make decisions based on statistical data.
- Capable production process – quality capability tests:
- Measurement system analysis
- Short term or machine capability analysis
- Preliminary process capability
- Quality control chart
- Continuous process capability
- Data evaluation with statistical tests:
- One-sample tests
- Two-sample tests
- Hypothesis formulation and test selection
- Probability of error
- Tests for trends
- Tests for normal distribution
- Outlier and goodness-of-fit tests
- Ancillary statistics random sample evaluation
- Comparison of variances and averages
- Comparison of more than two variants
- Tests for not normally distributed measurement readings
Prerequisites for participation
Attending the course “Applied Statistics – Basic Training” is recommended.
Experts from all areas, project managers, project personnel, executives and interdisciplinary personnel from development, planning, manufacture, quality management, quality representatives, improvement team personnel.
Please bring a pocket calculator with statistical functions and a notebook to the course, so that you can work on the exercises.