Problem Solving Methods 8D and 5 Whys - Problem Solving Techniques (VDA 4)Print
Often problem solving is only understood to mean writing 8D reports. This course communicates the specific techniques of the 8D method and additionally demonstrates supporting analytical techniques for problem processing.
The participants will be trained to handle the evaluation of existing data and to describe still missing information in such a way that other team members can procure it for further processing.
- Historical development and object of the 8D method
- Overview of 8D method approach
- Comprehension of problems
- Exact description of problems
- Deducing immediate actions
- Correlation between root cause and corrective action
- Use of simple analytical methods
- Is / is-not analysis (problem profile)
- Confirmation that the identified cause actually triggers the problem
- Deduce corrective actions
- Recognise the problem solving team and their effect on error culture in organisations
- Successfully integrate the 8D method in your organisation
Prerequisites for participation
If possible, some experience with problem solving in your own organisation.
This course appeals especially to an organisation’s employees from sales, development, customer service and claims processing, production, purchasing, logistics, as well as internal
and external quality assurance who in the near future will be put in charge of a problem solving team.